Triple J Radio Launches All-Star Like A VersionCompilation In September; Album Features Tame Impala, Bon Iver, Mark Ronson, Chvrches, Mumford & Sons and more! Chart Topping Australian Album Series Gets Long Awaited US Release
For Australians, triple j’s Like A Version series needs no introduction. This much loved
segment airs weekly on the leading national music station triple j – the premise is simple: The artist cover their favorite songs; which are often thought provoking, always entertaining and all aired on triple j Breakfast. From there, the series of chart topping compilation albums have become something of a national institution.
Now for the first time, the esteemed Like A Version has a North American release. The series will launch September 22nd via Metropolitan Groove Merchants. The album contains 21 completely unique recordings from some of the world’s leading artists and musicians. Read more about Like A Version‘s launch exclusively on Billboard here.
STREAM TAME IMPALA COVERING KYLIE MINOGUE “Confide In Me”
STREAM CHVRCHES COVERING ARCTIC MONKEYS “Do I Wanna Know”
1.Tame Impala “Confide In Me” (Original by Kylie Minogue)
2. Flume “My Boo” (Ghost Town DJs)
3. Mark Ronson “I Sat By The Ocean” (Queens Of The Stone Age)
4. Chvrches “Do I Wanna Know” (Arctic Monkeys)
5. Chet Faker “(Lover) You Don’t Treat Me No Good” (Sonia Dada)
6. Ben Folds “Such Great Heights” (The Postal Service)
7. John Butler Trio “Happy” (Pharell Willams)
8. Meg Mac “Bridges” (Broods)
9. Bon Iver “Coming Down” (Anaiis Mitchell)
10. Mumford & Sons “Unfinished Business” (White Lies)
11. Boy & Bear “Back To Black” (Amy Winehouse)
12. Cub Sport “Ultralight Beam” (Kanye West)
13. Broods “One Dance” (Drake)
14. Robert DeLong “The Mother We Share” (Chvrches)
15. James Vincent McMorrow “West Coast” (Lana Del Rey)
16. San Cisco “Get Lucky” (Daft Punk)
17. DMA’s “Believe” (Cher)
18. City & Color “Settle Down” (Kimbra)
19.The Jezabels “Don’t Stop Believing” (Journey)
20. Ásgeir “Stolen Dance” (Milky Chance)
21. Catfish & The Bottlemen “Read My Mind” (The Killers)
From triple j on Like A Version‘s Launch in N. America:
Since 1975, triple j has grown from a Sydney radio station to a national network, and then to an international voice breaking new music from both Australia and the rest of the world. Like A Version is just one small part of what the station does. It started in 2005 as a simple covers segment, and the clever Madonna pun was to emphasise the fun that acts could have with a live cover version in our studios.
It wasn’t long before we all realised this wasn’t just a run-of- the-mill idea though. There was something a little more special about Like A Version. It stayed fun, but it also got a LOT bigger – it now sits in the station’s most popular time slot – during our Breakfast shift every Friday morning. To say it’s become a national institution is perhaps hyperbole. But we’ll say that and challenge you to prove us wrong.
Just about every Australian act has appeared on Like A Version. On the international front, we’ve had acts planning their trips here to make sure they could appear in our studios for Like A Version. Mark Ronson, alt-J, Lorde, The Kooks, Mumford & Sons, Chvrches, The Wombats, Catfish & The Bottlemen, Halsey, Childish Gambino… It’s a list that keeps growing. What you have here is just a small sample of covers we’ve hosted so far.
triple j is super proud of Like A Version and we’re now thrilled for the first time to share some of the great work the acts have done with you on the other side of the Pacific.
VIDEOS FROM THIS ALBUM!